There is a growing body of family law resources on the Internet. If you are visiting this site and know of additional Internet resources that should be posted here, please do not hesitate to send us the information here.
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Kidnapping
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law Organizational Resources
- Family Law Resources For Non-Lawyers
- Government Resources
- Mailing Lists
- State Laws
- Adoption Rights
- North American Council on Adoptable Children - resources and information on adoption of a child from the United States foster system
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - child adoption and welfare-related information by State
- National Child Abuse Defense and Resource Center - false allegations of child molestation and abuse
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute - Civil Rights of Children Overview
- 42 U.S.C., Chapter 67 - Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment and Adoption Reform Act
- National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect
- The Professional Academy of Custody Evaluators
- Children's Rights Council
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. This site includes information on the national Child Protection Act, the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and other resources.
- 28 U.S.C. Sec. 1738A - Full Faith and Credit Given to Child Custody Determinations
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - publications and resources on Federal laws and policies related to child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption
- 42 U.S.C., Chapter 6 - The Children's Bureau
- 42 U.S.C., Chapter 7 - Social Security Act
- 25 U.S.C., Chapter 21- Indian Child Welfare Act
- WomensLaw.org - Parental Kidnapping
- 22 U.S. Code Chapter 98 - International Child Abduction Prevention and Return
- The Hague Convention - The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (from unicef.org)
- Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement Home Page
- Florida Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Georgia Child Support Enforcement
- Washington State Child Support Resource Center
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement Division
- Child Support Enforcement - a private company that will collect court-ordered child support for a fee.
- Office of Child Support Enforcement - State and Tribal Resources
- Child Support Laws by State - from the Office of Child Support Enforcement
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - confidential, one-on-one support to each caller and chatter, offering crisis intervention, options for next steps, and direct connection to sources for immediate safety - receive crisis intervention, referrals, information and support in many languages.
- The ABA Commission on Domestic Violence
- Colorado Domestic Violence Resource
- Domestic Violence Awareness Handbook - information and resources on services available to families in need of assistance (usda.gov).
- American Bar Association - Family Law Section
- American Bar Association Home Page
- American Bar Association - The ABA Center on Children and the Law
- Federal Elder Justice Laws
- ABA Commission on Domestic Violence
- ABA's Section of Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law
- Children's Rights Council - contains legislative information and other resources
- Cornell Law School Legal Information Institute - Family Law Section
- Divorce Headquarters - is a comprehensive informational site for those considering or in the divorce process covering alimony, child support, taxes, financial planning, custody, visitation, books, and working with attorneys.
- HelpGuide.org - Coping with a Breakup or Divorce.
- Institute for Equality in Marriage - informational resource where people can get action-oriented information for all stages of their relationship - from getting married, being married, getting divorced or remarrying. The site includes essential information and resources on how to achieve equality in all stages of marital relationships and offers practical tips, easy-to-use checklists, essential things to remember, and links to other resources which promote equality in marriage and divorce. Note: The Equality in Marriage Institute has closed - the site is preserved for archival purposes only.
- Internet Law Library - Domestic Relations Materials
- Administration for Children and Families - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Office of Child Support Enforcement - contains profiles of state child support enforcement programs
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Where to Write for Vital Records
- Long Term Care Insurance Quotes Wiz.com Offers free insurance quotes for long term care, life, health, nursing home, and disability insurance, and provides alternatives for estate planning.
- Life Insurance Wiz Quotes.com Life insurance company that offers free online quotes for auto, health, homeowners, whole and term life insurance. Also provides a list of insurance resources and glossary terms.
- BNA Family Law Reporter
- Handbook on Child Support Enforcement from the Citizen Information Center (GSA)
- Cornell Law School Legal Information Institute - On-Line Family Law Materials
- Nolo Press Publications - many excellent books on divorce, custody, child support, etc.
- Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School
- Also see, the Uniform Matrimonial, Family & Health Laws - another collection of state law relating to domestic relations.
- State Family Law Statutes
- WWW Virtual Law Library Family Law - Maurer School of Law - Indiana University
(Professional Forum for Child Abuse Issues)
Send the following message to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
subscribe ABUSE-L Your Name
- FAMBUS-L@netcom.com (Discussion of Family Businesses, including discussion on income and estate tax planning,
reports on recent IRS rulings, court cases, new legislation, etc.)
Send the following message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- FAMILYLAW-L@acc.wuacc.edu (US-based Family Law list)
Send the following message to email@example.com:
subscribe familylaw-l Your Name
- FREE-L@LISTSERV.IUPUI.EDU (Fathers' Rights and Equality Exchange)
Send the following message to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com:
subscribe free-l Your Name
- LAW-FAMILY@mailbase.ac.uk (UK-based Family Law list)
Send the following message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
join law-family Your Name
The address is email@example.com